The Monday Club - Improv Games
Time & Location
About the Event
This session with Liz Peters is the first in the series because I wanted something fun, physical and outward-looking now at the end of summer, as energies are still high, after the holidays. So prepare to have fun. Seriousness is to be left outside. Expect mistakes and don't worry no one will judge us for it.
⬇️ Check the multiple benefits of training your curiosity muscle with us and practicalities at the bottom of this page ⬇️
We'll play games that open up spontaneous expression and build on each other's ideas. Interactive, playful, with lots of laughter and no pressure to get anything' right'! In fact, joyful failure is actively encouraged as we inspire each other and go with the flow. Improvisation is co-creating something in the moment without a plan. We can all do it! And it's a skill we need every day of our lives. So release your inner creative genius with a fun and gentle introduction to this life-changing art form.
Games are in groups and pairs. They are non-competitive with a focus on uplifting one another and embracing your own authentic brilliance. Here, you are free to play and be yourself. An opportunity to let go, have fun and surprise yourself, this liberating experience will leave you feeling more connected, confident and alive. And give your laughing muscles a good workout!
Zero pressure. Maximum fun-times.
Liz Peters has helped thousands of people around the world release their inner playfulness through improvisation. Renowned for her warm enthusiasm and energy, she is a professional performer who creates shows without a script and has been part of multi award-winning improv company The Maydays for over a decade.
A certified Embodied Facilitator, Liz also coaches women on public speaking and confident presence and is the author of 'Own It! How to boss your fears, free your voice and inspire the room'.
Liz is a big fan of jumping in the sea, eating burgers and laughing - though not all at the same time!
The benefits of training our curiosity muscle together:
🎈 discover new layers of ourselves, others and gain new skills.
🎈 get to dip our toes into all these wonderful things that happen out there without breaking the bank or needing to commit to further courses.
🎈 learn how to approach life with curiosity, open mind even when dull moments arrive.
🎈 relax into your perfectly imperfect self. Mistakes will be embraces as God know we will do plenty of those.
🎈 the dinner table stories will be less boring. Our family will be grateful.
🎈 becoming more interesting, curious and attractive. Our current and future partners will love it.
🎈 but most importantly, we will keep being curious even when shit hits the fan.
- each Monday we have two hours of being together. You will receive a zoom link and a short pdf a few days before with all the info needed.
- 7.30 pm we start and for half an hour, we arrive, chat, say hello, moan about whatever is going on with us at that moment; yep, moaning will be allowed.
- 8 pm, we have our lovely facilitator with us for one hour to stretch our curiosity muscle and experience something new. Stuff will happen.
- 8.30pm, we have half an hour to share how we felt about the experience, what we like or not, have a glass of wine while we chill. Don't worry; you are in safe hands. I have been holding space for people to share their stuff since I was a child.
- 9.30pm we say goodbye and return to our lives with fresh stories to tell.
- any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curious Soul£15+£0.38 Service fee£15+£0.38 Service fee0£0