The Monday Club - Feeling Like an Idiot Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
I think is healthy for us overthinkers, perfectionists to embrace mistakes, play and relax into our messy selves. If you are one that doesn't like failing than this session with Rachel Blackman is perfectly imperfect for you.
⬇️ Check the multiple benefits of training your curiosity muscle with us at the bottom of this page ⬇️
A playful and irreverent workshop for unshackling self consciousness and bringing us into tender and sensitive connection. We will use improvisation, theatre games and storytelling to explore the fertile territory of awkwardness and non-award-winning moments…revealing our shared messy humanity. When was the last time you felt a little bit ridiculous? Come prepared to play, witness and share a true story. All welcome.
Rachel Blackman is a performer, theatre maker, improvisor and somatic educator. Her latest show – (currently ‘paused’ due to COVID) is an interactive performance about failure, feeling like and idiot and music, called, ‘You Aren’t Doing It Wrong If No One Knows What You Are Doing’.
“Rachel also works with people to support embodied intelligence and step into their creative agency. She works with individuals and groups via her private practice and trains coaches to work from an embodied perspective at The Somatic School.
The benefits of training our curiosity muscle together:
🎈 discover new layers of ourselves, others and gain new skills.
🎈 get to dip our toes into all these wonderful things that happen out there without breaking the bank or needing to commit to further courses.
🎈 learn how to approach life with curiosity, open mind even when dull moments arrive.
🎈 relax into your perfectly imperfect self. Mistakes will be embraces as God know we will do plenty of those.
🎈 the dinner table stories will be less boring. Our family will be grateful.
🎈 becoming more interesting, curious and attractive. Our current and future partners will love it.
🎈 but most importantly, we will keep being curious even when shit hits the fan.
- each Monday we have two hours of being together. You will receive a zoom link and a short pdf a few days before with all the info needed.
- 7.30 pm we start and for half an hour, we arrive, chat, say hello, moan about whatever is going on with us at that moment; yep, moaning will be allowed.
- 8 pm, we have our lovely facilitator with us for one hour to stretch our curiosity muscle and experience something new. Stuff will happen.
- 8.30pm, we have half an hour to share how we felt about the experience, what we like or not, have a glass of wine while we chill. Don't worry; you are in safe hands. I have been holding space for people to share their stuff since I was a child.
- 9.30pm we say goodbye and return to our lives with fresh stories to tell.
- any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curious Soul£15+£0.38 Service fee£15+£0.38 Service fee0£0