Mon, 11 Oct|
The Monday Club- Irish Divination
Learn about the art of Ogham as a magical tool which rekindles this lost language and creativity within ourselves.
Time & Location
11 Oct 2021, 19:30 – 21:30 BST
About the event
We slowly turn inwards as the autumn is arriving in the northern hemisphere, so this session with Niamh is a gentle way of doing that through the Ogham. Don't worry, I also don't know anything about this but that is the point innit?! But what I know is that Niamh is a playfull, insightful soul with a generous heart and the most contagious laugh. Bring your open mind and the rest will follow.
Niamh, our facilitator, will briefly guide you through the context and history of the Ogham. You will be shown different tools for making an Ogham set that speaks to you and she will share her own creative interpretation of the ‘Aisling’, dreams and visions in the ‘otherworld’ she has experienced throughout her intensive journey with the Ogham.
You will be guided on a short journey to meet an aspect of the Ogham and be given tools to decipher the messages being exchanged. Finally, the group will come together for a reading requesting guidance as we wind the spiral back in towards samhain and the winter solstice. Each participant will be gifted a digital download of the Ogham artworks created by the facilitator so you can begin your own journey with the Ogham at home.
Niamh Murray is a multi- disciplinary artist, educator and Irish spiritual practitioner based in London. With an ethos of inclusivity and celebration of the soul, Niamh works with those who are seeking deep healing and answers from this world and beyond. Niamh has a gift for seeing between the worlds and helping solve trauma and facilitating your autonomous healing journey.
Niamh was invited to give Ogham readings at Wicca Moon’s Goddess Summer Solstice 2021 event in Eltham this year and is currently in training at the Sacred Trust, Dorset, studying Classical Shamanism. She is passionate about her Irish roots and culture and is on a syncretic path of indiginous Irish journeying practises, combined with core multi-cultural Shamanism. She also makes ritual art objects which can be found here @berkana_raido_rattles and is available for Shamanic Counselling, healing and divination readings.
The benefits of training our curiosity muscle together:
🎈 discover new layers of ourselves, others and gain new skills.
🎈 get to dip our toes into all these wonderful things that happen out there without breaking the bank or needing to commit to further courses.
🎈 learn how to approach life with curiosity, open mind even when dull moments arrive.
🎈 relax into your perfectly imperfect self. Mistakes will be embraces as God know we will do plenty of those.
🎈 the dinner table stories will be less boring. Our family will be grateful.
🎈 becoming more interesting, curious and attractive. Our current and future partners will love it.
🎈 but most importantly, we will keep being curious even when shit hits the fan.
- each Monday we have two hours of being together. You will receive a zoom link and a short pdf a few days before with all the info needed.
- 7.30 pm we start and for half an hour, we arrive, chat, say hello, moan about whatever is going on with us at that moment; yep, moaning will be allowed.
- 8 pm, we have our lovely facilitator with us for one hour to stretch our curiosity muscle and experience something new. Stuff will happen.
- 9 pm, we have half an hour to share how we felt about the experience, what we like or not, have a glass of wine while we chill. Don't worry; you are in safe hands. I have been holding space for people to share their stuff since I was a child. No pressure to stay.
- 9.30pm we say goodbye and return to our lives with fresh stories to tell.
- any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
+£0.38 service fee
You will receive an email a few day before the event with zoom link and all info needed. If there are any questions email email@example.com
+£0.38 service fee0